Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Something Better Will Come Along

A couple of months ago after having a discussion with one of my friends she encouraged me to share more about the 10 steps connected to Forgiving For Living, Inc.,  In March I shared the overview, but so much has been in the news that took me away from focusing on discussing the steps, however, recently while reviewing the different posts on my facebook home page I ran across the following quote, "When you finally let go of the past something better comes along."  It was like a light bulb came on and I stopped dead in my tracks.  Why is it something we already know to be true takes a lifetime to understand? I think part of what hit me was the fact it ties into the overall mission of  "Healing Without Hate:  How To Forgive To Live"TM 10 Steps (and specifically step #4).

Step #4 is called RELEASE.  This step talks about the importance of letting the things that hold you back in your life go!  When I am speaking on this subject I often share an exercise that visually (and physically) shows the attendees the power of negative energy and what happens when we hold onto it.  For example, take your hands and ball them up into a tight fist and squeeze as hard as you can for about 10 seconds, then slowly open your hands with your palms faced upward.  As you open your fists, you will feel a light tingly feeling slowly releasing from your hands and really touching your whole body. 

When we hold onto anger, bitterness and unforgiveness we are giving life to negativity and things such as diseases, cancer and pain to grow in our bodies.  However, when we learn to let the past be in the past and forgive those that have offended us (so they no longer have power in your life), we free up our internal bodies to live a better and longer life.

What's interesting is when we think of our personal and professional lives,  the choices and decisions we make, will determine our future and ultimately our destiny.  If we want new things in our lives, we have to let go of the past so that the future has a door to enter.  As my grandmother would say, get out of your own way and stop blocking your blessings!

 Healing Without Hate:  It's a choice. It's a lifestyle. Pass it on!

 Visit www.WendyGladney.com &  www.forgivingforliving.org.   You can email her at wendy.gladney@gmail.com. Also follow her blog:  Wendygladney.blogspot.com. Wendy is featured on Radio Free 102.3 KJLH on Dominique DiPrima's Front Page Friday Mornings @ 5:00am.


No comments:

Post a Comment