Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Is A Great Time To Rest, Relax & Rejuvenate!

Last week I took a very needed vacation to Maui and  had a fabulous time.  There are things in life we are taught are "extras" and sometimes we have to convince ourselves we even deserve such things.  After dealing with so many ups and downs and even some real disappointments in life, I've learned to appreciate and enjoy what life brings whenever possible. 

Years ago I was hit by a truck in a car accident and I was  pregnant with my son Freddie (who is now 23) so you know it was a long time ago.  The Insurance company and my doctor made me get regular massages in order to "relax me and the baby."  Ultimately they wanted to make sure  I didn't go into premature labor and something go wrong with my child and I sue them.  Again, just like a vacation, I felt that a massage was an "extra"  only for special occasions.  However, I realized it was actually a real necessity to help me get through that situation so  I would have a positive outcome (a healthy baby).

I am blessed to travel from time to time and oftentimes it is tied in with work.  This is great, but when you travel for work, your mind is on work (or at least it should be) and you don't have the opportunity to really rest,  relax and  rejuvenate.  If we want to be our best on a regular basis we have to allow ourselves some time to let go and release.  In the 10 Steps of "Healing Without Hate:  How To Forgive To Live, learning to "Release" is step number 4.  I've learned during these times of rest I am able to reflect and take stock of where I am, where I want to go, what I need to do next to accomplish whatever it is on my heart, mind and list. 

Summer is in full swing and now is the time to take life a little slower, if you're not able to take a trip to some exotic destination, we are blessed to live in one of the most sought out destinations in the world, "Sunny Southern California."  Pack up your car, go to the beach, leave your cell phone behind and just enjoy you!  It's also a good time to take inventory of where you are personally half way through the year with the goals you've set for yourself.  It's not too late to get your groove back and finish the year strong, but take some time out to rest, relax and rejuvenate!   This may be the necessity you need in your life right now to get you through.  Release and just let it go!

Healing Without Hate:  It's a choice. It's a lifestyle. Pass it on!

Visit www.WendyGladney.com &  www.forgivingforliving.org.   You can email her at wendy.gladney@gmail.com. Also follow her blog:  Wendygladney.blogspot.com. Wendy is featured on Radio Free 102.3 KJLH on Dominique DiPrima's Front Page Friday Mornings @ 5:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment