Monday, August 22, 2011

The Need For A Coach No Matter Where You Are In Life

In life no matter how successful one may be, or even "appear" to be, I've learned it's always important to sharpen one's tools, learn some new things and listen to a coach. I feel like I've been going through a growing stage and "transition" for quite some time (let's even say a couple of years). What started as "downsizing" when the economy hit our company in 2009, has now turned into a whole new way of life.

The first thing I learned is less is not such a bad thing. At one time I was responsible for up to 7 employees, full overhead of a large office, workers comp, insurance, you name it. Letting go of some of that not only lightened my load, but freed up my mind to think on things that I really wanted to focus on (such as my non-profit, Forgiving For Living, Inc.). Furthermore, my life has changed because my children are grown (and my son has now moved to Australia), so the day to day mothering is not like it used to be. Let's say I am learning the joy of "skype" and "whatsapp" and "texting" in a whole new way! So I am in the process of "reinventing" myself and how it ties into the subject of "forgiveness" and helping others.

I recently read in one of my devotional books that when God is doing something in your life, we might feel frustrated or even confused, but don't get weary and stay open because with great things comes great faith and dependence on Him. I know He is leading me to a new cornerstone in my life and that it is important for me to not feel afraid. What's also true is this process or journey definitely includes the importance to forgive. Forgiveness is what helps to create an extraordinary life from ordinary people. I don't know about you, but I am ready to walk in being "extra" in a good way.

In closing, when I looked up the meaning of "reinvent," it stated that it is "to recast something familiar or old into a different form." It also said, "to create anew or make over." All to say, it doesn't mean what we were doing was wrong or bad, it just means it's time to take something we've gotten used to and tweak it into something better. I'm ready....are you? More to come on how we can reinvent ourselves and the power forgiveness has to get us there.


Healing Without Hate: It's a choice. It's a lifestyle. Pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment