Sunday, December 18, 2011

Merry Christmas

As I sit to write this Christmas article my heart is full. When I went to church this morning I was reminded of the true meaning of Christmas and the necessity for those of us that proclaim to be Christians to not back down during this time of year for what we believe.

When I went to Wikipedia to look of the meaning of "Christmas" it stated that it was translated "Christ's mass," which is an annual commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ generally celebrated on December 25th." Many of us are afraid to offend people so we have stopped saying "Merry Christmas" and have replaced it with "Happy Holidays." Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with saying happy holidays to someone, but if you are a Christian don't be ashamed of who's birthday it is.

Reflecting on the fact that Christmas is to represent the birth of Christ then we should honor him by giving gifts to Him by giving to those in need. Take the light off yourself and put the spotlight on Him by giving to someone in need or an organization that you know touches the community.

In closing, don't be tempted to put "X-mas" either. The world would want us to "x" Christ right out of the picture. Would you want someone to "x" you out on your birthday? I think the bigger question is would you want Christ to "x" you out of heaven? If you are a believer then stand up and be counted. Don't be afraid of what others may say about you, after all they won't care what you think about their beliefs. The good thing about one's beliefs is the fact they are personal and you have the right to believe what is in your heart.

I know I would hate to have to ask Jesus to forgive me because I didn't want to offend someone and so I just left Him out of the picture. Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

Healing Without Hate: It's a choice. It's a lifestyle. Pass it on!

Visit www.WendyGladney.com & www.forgivingforliving.org. You can email her at wendy.gladney@gmail.com. Also follow her blog: Wendygladney.blogspot.com. Wendy is featured on Radio Free 102.3 KJLH on Dominique DiPrima's Front Page Friday Mornings @ 5:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment